Teachers of the department in cooperation with faculty of Donetsk National University, Kiev National University, Kharkiv National University, University of Sunderland (UK), University of Macedonia (Thessaloniki, Greece), Aristotle University, took part in the international project TACIS TEMPUS CD_JEP-21135-2000 “New economic specialty for classical universities in Ukraine.” The result of this project was the creation of a new specialty named “Applied Economics”. The purpose of the formation of the specialty is to prepare a new type of economic analysts who will be able to apply different quantitative methods and techniques of modeling (system dynamics, neural networks, etc.), modern methods of analysis (Kalman filtering, time series, cointegration), and use of computer equipment, tools and the latest technologies in economic practice.
At the initiative of our department Kharkiv National Economic University signed a number of agreements for cooperation in education and science with the leading universities of Russia.
- 03.07.2009 was signed the “Agreement on cooperation between the St. Petersburg State University of Economics and Finance (Russia) and KNUE”
- 26.10.2009 was signed the “Agreement on cooperation between KNUE and North-West Academy of Public Administration (Federal State Institution of Higher Professional Education of the Federal Agency for Education, Russia)
- 17.05.2010 was signed the “Agreement on cooperation between KNUE and the Federal State Institution of Higher Professional Education “Glinka K.D. Voronezh State Agricultural University”
- 30.09.2010 was signed the “Agreement of Cooperation between KNUE and Ufa State Aviation Technical University, Ufa, Russia”
- 2011 was signed a contract with the Financial University under the Government of the Russian Federation, Moscow, Russia.
The main areas of cooperation:
- Collective research, including collective participation in international grants and programs;
- Implementation of collective scientific publications and educational publications, exchange of scientific, educational, didactic and methodical literature;
- Providing mutual consultation, full assistance in conducting theoretical and experimental research;
- Assist in the organization of training of researchers, teachers and students;
- Mutual participation of the parties in the process of training and certification of scientific and pedagogical staff;
- Formation of collective research teams for co-operative research;
- Participation in the annual research and educational conferences.
Results of the cooperation
One of the forms of cooperation with the St. Petersburg State University of Economics and Finance (Russia) is a Ukrainian-Russian scientific-research project “Evaluation models of uneven and cyclical dynamics of socio-economic development in regions of Ukraine and Russia.”
There is a tradition of carrying out an annual international scientific and practical conference, held in conjunction with the Department of Russian and West-European partners (the North-West Academy of Public Administration, Russia (2010) and St. Petersburg State University of Economics and Finance, Russia (2009, 2010. ); Center for Industrial Mathematics, University of Bremen, Germany (2009); Katolicki Uniwersytet Lubelski Jana PawlaII, Poland (2010)).
The department conducts seminars and webinars with a participation of our Russian colleagues.